Alexandra Park is a unique, not-for-profit learning community (Nursery and School) that embraces a progressive education philosophy while providing a holistic, flexible, creative, and bilingual provision communicated in English and Spanish.
Alexandra Park’s central role is to support each baby and child’s intellectual, social and emotional development. Education is not seen as delivered, but lived, emerging from the child’s own interests, curiosity, characteristics and needs. Key workers/learning facilitators and artists sensitively engage with children on project based learning that develops, extends and links up children’s creative language and ideas (100 languages of children, Loris Malaguzzi, Reggio Emilia Approach).
We are currently accepting children for the following provisions:
Nursery (Reggio Emilia Approach) 3months – 3.5 years
Kindergarten (Reggio Emilia Approach) 3.5 years – 5.5 years
Holiday Club 3.5 years – 8 years
Over 5´s Learning Community (Democratic and Progressive Education) 5.5 years – 11 years
Characteristics of Alexandra Park Children’s Learning Community
• Small and friendly, like a large, extended family.
• The Learning Community engages with each baby and child as an individual.
• Babies and children’s emotional wellbeing is viewed as fundamental to their ability to learn.
•Experienced and qualified nurturing Nursery staff support the babies/toddlers in welcoming, groups in line with the EYFS.
• Highly qualified and experienced Learning facilitators support children age 3.5 years and upwards as they work in small mixed age ‘project groups’.
• Children of a relevant age are actively involved in decision making.
• Families are involved, lending their time and expertise to enhance the Learning Community.
• Alexandra Park fosters connections with local residents, businesses and institutions.
• We are a pro-vegetarian centre and prepare nutritious meals using ‘school grown’ organic ingredients (where possible).
• We aim to develop ecological understanding in all our provision members.
• At Alexandra Park we all spend a high proportion of our time outdoors.
Our vibrant learning community is situated in a tranquil location, next to Manchester’s historic and beautiful Alexandra Park.
We are situated in the bustling suburb of Whalley Range (M16), sharing close proximity to many other well loved Manchester Suburbs including Moss Side(M15), Chorlton (M21), Didsbury (M20), Northenden (M22), Withington, Levenshulme (M19) and Sale and just a little further afield, Altricham (WA14), Hale and Urmston.
A flexible provision means children can attend a minimum of 2 sessions (morning or afternoon) a week in the Nursery and Kindergarten until 5 years old. Children 5 years old and upwards can attend a minimum of 2 days per week on a term by term basis. We have a strong focus on the needs of the home educating community and flexischool community and our education works harmoniously with these methods.
For more information and for our current pricing structure please visit our fees page.
Or email enquiries to: Enquiries@alexandraparkclc.co.uk